Event Time and Date
Are you interested in serving the community by giving back, doing hands-on labor, and collaborating with people of all other faiths in the local community? Please join the NC State MSA in our collaboration with Habitat for Humanity and our 2017 Interfaith
Build. This build will take place from Aprill 22nd-July 1st, 2017, and the NC State MSA would like to have at least 5 volunteers come out on the first day of the build, April 22nd. Here is the link to get signed up for a volunteer slot! When the registration
asks for your group name, enter "NC State University MSA."
Now here's a bit more information about what to expect on the day of the build:
•You’ll start the day with a Safety Orientation, and all safety equipment will be provided.
•Your tools, supplies, and work plan will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive.
•When Habitat says “No experience necessary”, they mean it! Their staff is trained to work with volunteers and teach you everything you need to know. So don't be worried about not being able to hammer or drill anything, because I'm honestly not the greatest with tools either. It'll be a fun experience!
•The crowd is phenomenal, and you'll be working with a group of open-minded people who are passionate about helping others!
Here's what is expected of volunteers when you sign up for a shift:
• Prompt Arrival - It is crucial that we get the day off to a safe, productive start by presenting the Safety Orientation and tasks instructions to the whole group at the designated start time.
• Safety - Attend the Safety Orientation, adhere to safety protocols, and use the tools and equipment as instructed.
• Commitment - If you sign up, they’re counting on you!
• Flexibility - Sometimes it rains, or gets too hot, or we finish a task faster than anticipated or we ask everyone on site join forces to rally around a crucial task – it’s cool! We’ll roll with it.
Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before the start of your shift. Staff will be on site to begin volunteer check-in beginning 15 minutes before the start of each shift.
8:00am - Volunteer Registration Desk opens
8:00-8:15am – Volunteer Check-in and Registration (It is very important to arrive promptly so we can begin on time! For safety reasons late-comers may be turned away.)
8:15am – Volunteer Orientation and Safety Overview, tasks assigned, work day begins
11:30am - 12:00pm – Lunch Break (lunch not provided unless otherwise indicated)
3:30-4:00pm - Site Cleanup
4:00pm - Work Day Ends
Here are some other important dates you may save to your calendar, if you like. As a contributing partner to the build, the NC State MSA will be signing up for THREE other Saturday work days to continue the build. If you can't make it on April 22nd, we'll have more opportunities for you to come out! Details on those dates will be provided once everything is finalized.
1. First Work Day – Saturday, April 22, 2017, Construction Facility, 2615 Westinghouse Drive, Raleigh
2. Wall-Raising Ceremony – Saturday, April 22, 11:45 am at 3516 Camden Creek Drive, Raleigh
3. Clergy Day – Thursday, April 27 from 8:15 am until noon
4. Sunday Work Day – Sunday, April 23 from 8:15 am - 4 pm
5. Children’s / Youth Baffle Project: Sunday, May 21 from 2:30 pm - 4 pm at Unity of the Triangle, 5570 Munford Drive, Raleigh
If you have any lingering questions, feel free to ask!